If you ever come across QuickBooks error 12152, know that you have incurred a payroll update error. If you are familiar with the QuickBooks application, you must be knowing the role of the payroll service. It deals with the income of an employee. However, not everyone can avail of this service as you need to have an active subscription to access the payroll tax table. At times, QuickBooks error 12152 appears on your screen when you download the payroll updates. In order to eliminate the problem, read our blog in detail below.
Do you have any doubts related to the error code 12152 in QuickBooks? Dial 1.800.579.0391 and take help from our team of professionals.
Why do your Incur the Payroll Update Error 12152 in QuickBooks?
You are probably receiving the problem primarily due to the reasons mentioned below-
- There are some internet connectivity issues in your QuickBooks Desktop, such as incorrect settings.
- The Windows firewall has restricted access to QuickBooks.
You may read also : QuickBooks Error 3371 status code 11118
How to Get Rid of the QuickBooks Desktop Error Message 12152?
Are you tired of finding the most suitable troubleshooting methods to debug the issue? If you are looking for solutions, perform the steps given in this section of the article. Make sure you do not skip any of the steps-
SOLUTION 1: Check for the Internet Connection Settings and Configure Them Accordingly
- Open your QuickBooks Desktop and click on the ‘Help’ menu bar.
- Select ‘Internet Connection Setup’.
- Hit ‘Use my computer’s Internet connection settings to establish a connection when this application accesses the internet.
- Tap ‘Next’ and go to ‘Advanced Connection Settings’.
- Select the ‘Advanced’ tab and keep scrolling down on the ‘Settings’ window.
- Make sure you have chosen the ‘Use SSL 2.0’ and ‘Use SSL 3.0’ options.
- Tap ‘OK’ and then ‘Done’.
- Finally, make an attempt to download the payroll tax table.
SOLUTION 2: Restore the Computer Settings and System files
- firstly, Log in to the computer system as an administrator and then click on the Start button.
- Choose All Programs option and select Accessories.
- Now,Click on the System Tools and then select the System Restore option.
- As a new window appears on the screen, click on the Restore my computer to an earlier time option and click the Next button on the System Restore option.
- Click on Next and choose the latest system restore point and click on Next.
- A confirmation window will pop up. Click on the Next button and wait for completing the process.
- At last, restart the computer.
SOLUTION 2: Manually Configure the Firewall Settings of the Windows
- Click on the ‘Start’ menu on the Windows desktop.
- In the search bar, type ‘Windows Firewall’ and open it.
- Go to ‘Advanced Settings’, click twice on ‘Inbound Rule’ and then ‘New Rule’.
- Choose ‘Port’ and then ‘Next’.
- Checkmark the ‘TCP’ checkbox.
- In the ‘Specific local ports’, type your desired specific ports:
-QuickBooks Desktop 2020: 8019, XXXXX
-QuickBooks Desktop 2019: 8019, XXXXX
-QuickBooks Desktop 2018: 8019, 56728, 55378-55382
-QuickBooks Desktop 2017: 8019, 56727, 55373-55377
- Now, click ‘Next’, then ‘Allow the Connection’.
- Hit ’Next’ again and checkmark the given profiles.
- Select ‘Next’ to add a rule; For instance, you can name it ‘XYZ(year)’.
- At last, tap ‘Finish’.
As the article ends here, we suppose you must have resolved the QuickBooks error 12152 entirely. Although you should not receive the same issue again, sometimes, a few technical glitches might become a barrier when it comes to fixing the problem. Hence, if the error still persists even after applying these solutions, we recommend you immediately reach out to us at our Toll-Free 1.800.579.0391. Our technical support team is available 24*7 for its customers to help them with sorting out the problem.