Microsoft Outlook saves all converted mailbox data in an OST file while in offline mode. User-initiated updates are forwarded to the mailbox when the exchange connection is re-established. Interchange Server failures such as crashes, disasters, and mailbox deletions have no effect on OST files. In this situation, the switch manager and users can restore the user’s mailbox data by using the OST file. Converting an OST file to a PST is critical: In the following cases,
- Exchange mailboxes on the server have been deleted.
- You want to back up a couple of transfer mailboxes.
- The user who wishes to fix his OST file hasn’t saved any data in it.
Try: Professionals suggested OST to PST converter for conversion.
Users require immediate access to their emails due to Exchange damage, server outage, or other circumstances, and their EDB files must be utilised promptly.
If you utilise the same interchange profile for Outlook and Exchange, you have multiple OST-to-PST conversion options.
This Enables Native OST-to-PST Conversion.
- PST to Mailbox Data Conversion
- OST emails can be recovered.
- Automatically convert OST to PST with Software.
Create a PST File from your Mailbox.
Open Outlook using the same exchange account that was used to create the OST files. Follow these procedures require for converting an OST file to a PST file:
- Click Next after selecting Convert File.
- After you’ve opened and converted, click Import/Export.
- Choose an Outlook Data File as an alternative (.pst).
- Click Next after selecting the folder to convert.
- Save the new PST file where you want your duplicate PST items to be saved.
Note: You can also proceed without providing any information about the password for the PST file.
‘Archiving’ Emails from OST to PST
Turn on the Auto Archive option in Outlook to save OST file entries in a separate PST file. This will help you regulate the size of your mailbox. When your mailbox fills up and you have messages that are more than a year old that you no longer require, you may quickly archive them. In Outlook, turn on automatic archiving.
- Select File > Options in Outlook.
- Now, Select “Advanced” and then “Auto Archive Settings” from the drop-down menu.
- The number of days for auto archiving must be chosen. To save the archived file to your computer, fill out the archiving options and then click OK.
- OST mailbox items should now be saved to PST according to your archiving settings.
In conclusion, we discussed the best match for converting an OST file to a PST (Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016, and 2019). The blog explains how OST to PST Converter works in detail. There are two other software options if you wish to try something different. You can select any solution that best meets your requirements.
Additional Information:- OST Converter is a multi-purpose utility that can convert OST to Office 365, Gmail, PDF, Exchange Server, MBOX, MSG, EMLx, Doc, HTML, and a variety of other file formats.
Several methods for converting OST files to PST files were proposed and explained in the blog, including archiving OST files and using Outlook’s Import/Export function to convert OST files to PST files. The manual technique can be followed and experimented with by users, who can then share their findings.