Working on the QuickBooks accounting software is often interrupted by some or the other error. However, one best fact about this software is that every error can be rectified using some set of steps. One such error that is highlighted in this post is QuickBooks error code 6000 83. This particular error belongs to the 6000-error series which includes the errors associated with the company file. Such sort of errors is often experienced when the company file is either damaged or corrupted or even missing in some cases. There can be multiple other factors causing such an error, which we will discuss upon later along with the solution steps for the same. Thus, if you are interested to find out the information related to such an error, make sure to read the post till the end. Or you can also contact our team professionals at +1-844-521-0490 for any further assistance.
What are the factors causing the QuickBooks error code 6000 83?
The user can end up in such an error due to the following reasons:
- One of the major factors can be if the hosting is enabled on servers and workstations
- Or if the user tries to convert the company file of an earlier version over a network
- The user can also end up in such an error if the file extension has the format of .qbm or .qbw.adr
- Another reason can be if numerous systems try to host the company file
- Or if there is any sort of damage in the company file or the shared folder
- The user can also face a similar issue if the access to the network server is insufficient
- In case the installation of QuickBooks is incomplete
- Or if the file extensions aren’t right
Steps to fix the QuickBooks error 6000 83
The user can try performing the below steps to get rid of such an error.
Edit the host files
- The very first step is to close your QuickBooks desktop.
- And then, choose the Start menu and Computer, on the server
- After that navigate to:
- C: \ Windows \ System32 \ Drivers \ Etc
- C: \ Windows \ Syswow64 \ Drivers \ Etc
- And then double-click the hosts file option.
- The user should select the notepad if asked to select a program to open up with.
- The next step is to enter the IP address followed by the Computer name server will have the workstation IP and computer name while the workstation will certainly have the Web server IP and also computer name.
- It should be noted that the user should use the Tab key instead of the space bar for different IP addresses and computer system names when entering the information
Performing the below-stated set of steps can successfully help in getting rid of the QuickBooks error code 6000 83. However, if the error continues for some reason, then getting in touch with our QuickBooks customer support professionals at +1-844-521-0490 is recommended. We are a team of technically sound experts who work round the clock to provide the best possible support services instantly. Feel free to contact us and let us help in fixing such an error.