MS Outlook application is the most popular email client, which stores all the details. It includes all mails, calendar, tasks and many other things. All the emails are saved in MSG file extension. But in some scenarios we try to open the .msg file but we fail to do so. Many times situations arise where users try to open MSG file without Outlook, but are unable to do that.
Do you want to open MSG file without Outlook? Yes, So in this blog, we are going to be discussing different techniques to view MSG file without Outlook. Go through the blog once to know different solutions.
Open MSG File Without Outlook Using Professional Approach
The SYSDaddy MSG Viewer utility is the best and reliable way to easily view MSG file without Outlook. The tool is designed by the experts, and has a simple user interface. Moreover, the tool has some advanced features, using which a user can safely open MSG file without Outlook in no time. You can checkout the working steps of the utility in the below section:-
Step 1:- First step is to install and launch the SYSDaddy MSG Viewer Software on your PC
Sep 2:- Go and use the File Explorer window to find MSG files
Step 3:- Checkout the multiple previewing modes
Step 4:- Upgrade to Pro version to export and print the MSG files
Outstanding Features of MSG Viewer Software
In this section of the blog, we are going to mention some of the features of the utility:-
- Allows to search and read all the MSG files including all the attachments
- The tool provides the user multiple previewing modes such as RTF view, MIME view, Hex and many others
- Tool can work with Windows 11 and all the below versions
- User can view the MSG files without using any other email client
- Software gives option to switch viewing mode as Vertically and Horizontally
- Use different attributes like sent, received, from, to, sent etc. to filter out MSG emails
- Allows to rotate, zoom-in and zoom-out the attachment
- File structure hierarchy is always maintained by the tool
- Software have a feature to automatically locate the MSG files
Manually Open MSG File Without Outlook
In today’s world, almost everyone has installed browsers in their systems like Opera, Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox etc. So, every user can view MSG files without using any email application on their browser.
The browsers support HTML file format pages, so the user needs to have a page with HTML file extension. So, go and choose the email and change the file extension from .msg to .html file format by doing a right-click on the file. And after that, hit the “Save As” option and select the “HTML” file format. At last, just use any browser to open the HTML page and view and read the contents of the MSG file.
Use Manual Method to View MSG File to PDF Format
Follow the steps given below:-
1. Firstly, choose the MSG file and do a right click to open it with MS Outlook and select the “Open With” option.
2. Click on the “File Menu” and hit the “Save As” option.
3. Now, a Window Explorer will be opened and users need to choose the “Save as Type” .html format and store it at any specific location.
4. Go to the file and do a right click on it to open it with Word.
5. Select on the “File Menu”, then “Select Save As” and choose PDF as saving option.
6. Finally, all the MSG emails will be saved as PDF files. Users can open it using the Adobe Acrobat application.
Limitations of Manual Approach
The manual method have some limitations which are mentioned below:-
- Using a manual method, users can not open and view a bulk number of emails in one go.
- Viewing emails using a manual method will consume a lot of time.
- Attachments will not be opened using the browser.
- The attachment will not be saved with the HTML file.
- Extra effort and time is required to view MSG files.
In the above blog, we have discussed multiple ways to open MSG file without Outlook. You can go with the manual as well as automated technique, But the manual method is a bit complicated and also not safe. So, you can check out the automated tool to view MSG file without Outlook. Using this tool, you can view MSG files in no time.