The Maldives is deemed one of the most romantic destinations in the world. The magical beaches, dramatic sunsets, and a deep dive into the oceanic world in this place make it an ideal place for getting married, a honeymoon, or just having a dreamy vacation. The Maldives offer relaxation along with thrilling experiences and adventures that make a honeymoon in this tropical paradise a once-in-a-lifetime affair. There are award-winning resorts and villa hotels near Male airport that have stunning vistas.
The turquoise blue Indian oceans flanked by sprawling white sandy beaches and lined by palm trees are by themselves breathtakingly beautiful for a couple to just soak it all in. If that is not spectacular enough, many resorts can arrange for amorous escapades that encompass boat rides to the beaches fringed by palm trees and lots of wine in the picnic basket.
Let us see what is in store for honeymooners in the Maldives and how they can make the most of this private and romantic getaway.
Why Honeymoon in the Maldives?
Those who get to experience the serene haven called the Maldives can vouch that the Maldives is luxury at its finest. Its unparalleled natural beauty, glorious climate, splendid water villas, luxurious spas, gourmet restaurants, and many romantic spots make the Maldives an eclectic mix of experiences that is unrivaled.
- Romantic and relaxing beaches – Clearly, the laid-back time on Maldives beaches is the prime reason for attracting so many couples and families alike. The clean beaches are devoid of littering and you can see the green Indian ocean touching the horizon. In the morning, you can enjoy a blissful time with soft sunlight over calmer waves and witness the magical colors of red, purple, and orange in the twilight. When it comes to dining, you can think of dancing in the sunset, cocktails, nearly deserted islands, private picnics, and candlelit dinners while you gaze at the stars.
- Adventure and thrill – The underwater wonders are at your beck and call in the Maldives when you decide to go snorkeling. The coral atolls, surrounding lagoons of various resorts, enormous and majestic whale sharks, smaller reef sharks, etc., are all the underwater miracles you would get to see while snorkeling. Most of the snorkeling spots in the Maldives are easily accessible; all you need to do is bring your mask, fins, and snorkel, and you are all set to hit the house reef. The Maldives is also the world’s best scuba diving destination owing to its thriving marine life, clear warm waters, coral reef, white sand beaches, and dive sites. During scuba diving, you can easily spot turtles, manta rays, and a kaleidoscope of tropical sea creatures.
- World-Class Accommodations and Private Villas – When you choose a resort to stay at, it is ideal that they are close to the Male airport and other local attractions. You can find budget-beach accommodations to ultra-luxurious private over-water villas around that area. Whether a private overwater villa with a romantic view appeals to you or you are more of a beach person, you can find something bespoke and private without breaking the bank.
- Lots of privacy – What couples need the most during their honeymoon is quality time away from prying eyes. The Maldives provides the perfect setting for romantic dates in its laid-back atmosphere and mile-long stretches of white sand. You could go for private island picnics, and most of the villas in the Maldives have private pools or hot tubs. Many places also offer direct access to the sea, which gives utmost privacy. The islands have 200 beaches, and you and your partner can explore them at leisure.
- Underwater spa – If massages remind you of a quiet room with relaxing beds, then wait till you indulge yourself with underwater spas. You and your partner can relish the relaxing massage while taking in the breathtaking view of water and Nemo swimming by you. These underwater spas are 20 feet below the surface.
- Enjoy water sports activities – The Maldives has a lot to offer when it comes to a gamut of water sports such as kayaking, sea bobbing, canoeing, jet-skiing, rollerblading (called the X-Jet Blades), and more. In some of the top-notch resorts, you would also get instructors to guide you irrespective of your skill level. You should also put turtle and dolphin safari boats on your bucket list.
- Gourmet dining – The Maldives’ local cuisine is a gourmet’s delight. The freshly caught and prepared Maldivian curries like tuna, garudhiya, etc., along with a dash of lime, chili, coconut, onions, curry leaves, and rice, are some of the most famous foods on this island. Some of the other foods to definitely try in the Maldives are Chapati with Mashumi roshi tuna, egg, potato, Radhika tuna, and mas Kashi dried fish.
An Apt Place For Couples: Hulhumale Luxury Water Villa Maldives
Located on the international airport island, Hulhule island hotel caters to different kinds of guests in its exotic space. The hotel is ISO certified and has won many awards for its decor, services, and hospitality, such as the Hotel Asia Exhibition and International Heritage, World Travel Awards, Hotel of the Year Award, and International Hotel Awards. It has 136 guest rooms which range from 26 sq meters to 54 sq meters, so guests can choose the type of room that fits their requirements.