In order to work on the QuickBooks Desktop, the first and foremost task that a user has to perform is to access their company file. However, while doing so, several users have complained about receiving a warning text on their screen saying, “QuickBooks Error 6189 816. An error occurred when QuickBooks tried to access the company file.” There can be various reasons behind the problem, but a misconfiguration in the multi-user network is the key contributor towards the same. In many cases, QB stops responding to activity requests and leaves a blank screen, leaving the user clueless. So, let us increase our knowledge and understand as to why the error comes up, and how does it go away.
In case, you are unwilling to go through the below blog on QuickBooks Error 6189 816; we suggest you connect with our expert crew at 1-855-856-0042 to find the most suitable resolution for your problem.
Recommended to Read : QuickBooks Error 6123
Key Points that Evoke QuickBooks Error Code 6189 816
- Incomplete installation of QB due to a damaged installation file.
- If another user is logged operating QB and your company file in the single-user mode.
- A corrupted Transaction Log or Network Data file.
- Presence of a malicious software on the device.
- A damaged Windows Registry can also add up to the occurrence of this problem.
Permanent Solutions QuickBooks Error Message 6189 816
Have a look at some reliable ways to troubleshoot error 6189 816 in QuickBooks –
Troubleshooting Method 1 – Download and Run the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool
- Close QuickBooks Desktop and company file.
- Go to Intuit’s website and download the most recent version of QB Tool Hub.
- It is recommended that you save the QuickBooksToolHub.exe file on your desktop for easy access.
- Double-click on the file to kick-start the installation process.
- After this, open the Tool Hub and tap on the Installation Issues button.
- Choose the QuickBooks Install Diagnostic Tool and allow it to run a scan on your system.
- Wait for some time, as this may take up to 15-20 minutes.
- Once finished, terminate the running window and access QuickBooks Desktop.
Troubleshooting Method 2 – Make Changes to the Location of QuickBooks Folder
- You should be on the QuickBooks window with your company file opened on the screen.
- Press the Ctrl key + 1 on your keyboard to view the Product Information window.
- Locate & copy the location for your QB data file and exit QB.
- Press and hold the Windows key + R to trigger the Run prompt.
- Paste the copied location in the search bar and hit OK.
- Now that you are on a different window, right-click on the Q\B folder and Copy.
- Go to your desktop screen, click right and Paste.
- Now, reopen the QuickBooks and access your company file from the new location.
When a user thoroughly follows the information above in our blog about QuickBooks Error 6189 816, they are able to eliminate the problem without any further hassles. We hope that the mentioned solutions were useful to you. If not, we suggest you get into a conversation with one of our tech experts at 1-855-856-0042 for instant resolution.