QuickBooks has been proven to be one of the best accounting software for both startups and established businesses. It offers a variety of services to its users and allows them to avail themselves of different features, such as payroll services. It also helps to connect a user’s bank account with its QB account. As a result, QuickBooks also create documents on bills, invoices, transactions, etc. These crucial documents are in the form of PDF. However, sometimes the user might not be able to access such reports if QuickBooks cannot create PDF. Instead, a trigger message appears when such an error encounters, which says, “Error: QuickBooks can’t complete the current action due to a missing component: Missing pdf file component”. To get through this issue, you must refer to this article and learn the most efficient troubleshooting methods.
If you are unable to create PDF in QuickBooks, immediately speak to one of our certified QuickBooks experts for instant solutions at 1-855-856-0042.
You may also read | QuickBooks Error 6177
Reasons for Not Being Able to Create PDFs in the QuickBooks Desktop
Are you confused as to why your QuickBooks cannot create PDFs? Read the following enlisted points thoroughly –
- The permissions of the Temp folder have been configured inaccurately.
- Your Windows might not be having the PDF file component.
Check out the next section of this blog to learn the most effective troubleshooting methods to get rid of the problem.
Methods to Debug the Error When your QuickBooks Desktop Cannot Create PDF
Follow the below-mentioned step-by-step solutions to resolve the error-
SOLUTION 1: Make Use of QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool From QuickBooks Tool Hub
- At first, you need to download the latest version of the QuickBooks Tool Hub.
- After downloading, save the downloaded file to a convenient location where you can easily access it.
- Open the downloaded ‘QuickBooksToolHub.exe’ file and run it to start the installation process.
- Move forward with the instructions displayed on the screen and checkmark the relevant checkboxes to agree to the terms and conditions.
- Hit ‘Finish’ to complete the installation.
- Go to the Windows desktop and click twice on the QB Tool Hub icon to open it.
- Move to the ‘Program Problems’ menu and click on the QuickBooks PDF and Print Repair Tool.
- After the tool scans for the issue and rectifies it, try to create PDF.
SOLUTION 2: Re-Configure the Temp Folder Permission
- On your Windows desktop, press the ‘Windows + R’ keys on your keyboard.
- The ‘Run’ dialog box opens, where you require to type ‘%TEMP%’.
- Hit ‘OK’, and once the temp folder opens, right-click on any blank space and select the ‘Properties’ option.
- Go to the ‘Security’ tab and give ‘Full Control’ permission to all the groups and usernames.
- After that, attempt to save as PDF.
We hope this article on ‘QuickBooks Cannot Create PDF’ has helped you to overcome your problem successfully. In case you cannot fix the issue even after using the given solutions, we recommend dialing 1-855-856-0042 and having a conversation with our technical support team for help.