We conduct supplier engagement feedback research driven around the specific needs of our clients, in terms of scope, process and deliverables.
As a key Stakeholder Group, your Suppliers are crucial in enabling you to develop the products/services to better meet your customers’ requirements. Suppliers can range anywhere from Transactional to Strategic, from Exclusive to Shared and more and more frequently are being considered pivotal to enable a company to deliver its business plans. Given the growing importance of suppliers, it is becoming increasingly relevant to understand their views and gather their feedback. In an increasingly competitive environment, to have strong, positive, collaborative relationships with your key suppliers is becoming a strategic imperative and key competitive advantage. Suppliers often have choices: who they work with, who they invest with, who they chose to develop strategic relationships with. The most successful companies often have the most successful supplier relationships with strong supplier engagement. But how do you know how successful your supplier relationships are, without some form of measurement.
Conscious of the maxim that ‘you shouldn’t mark your own homework’, engaging FOTP Research, a specialist B2B research company, as an independent third party to work with you, is the best way forward.
We will work with you to:
- Understand your requirements
- Develop the survey
- Conduct the supplier satisfaction research
- Analyse the data and
- Present the insights
Step 1: Scoping the target respondents and understanding your business
We hold initial meetings with our clients to achieve the following:
- Clarify research requirements and potential areas to measure
- Understand current processes and business characteristics
- Select appropriate suppliers to gain feedback from
- Recommend and agree an appropriate sample size
- Provide a full project schedule to include timelines and deliverables
Step 2: Qualifying the core components of successful relationships with your suppliers
- The key drivers of supplier relationship performance are identified by conducting a number of in-depth telephone interviews with a sample of your suppliers
- The output of these interviews are clearly defined Performance Areas and the individual Performance Attributes that determine your supplier relationships and degree of supplier engagement
- Alternatively, we can work directly with the client and based on our shared knowledge, can determine the list of Performance Areas and Attributes to be measured
- An appropriate research solution is suggested and agreed upon, which could include online surveys, focus groups, in-depth interviews and telephone interviews
Step 3: Measuring the pulse of your supplier satisfaction
- An online survey with a combination of ratings and “open text” boxes is used to gain supplier feedback on how they rate your company on the agreed Performance Areas and Attributes
- The Performance Areas and Attributes measured are those we defined from the earlier qualifying interviews and/or client discussions
Step 4: Reporting via scorecard and identifying supplier relationship strengths and weaknesses
Output of results include:
- A supplier relationship health Scorecard
- A measure of performance for each Performance Area and Attribute
- Verbatim comments providing further insight into the ratings provided
- Identified supplier relationship strengths and areas for improvement
- Data analysis and recommendations to help you drive stronger supplier relationships
Employees and their performance are crucial to the overall success of your company. It’s essential to make sure that your workforce is engaged with and aligned to your strategy – engaged colleagues lead directly to improved performance for your business.
In addition to ensuring your teams have all the tools they need to do the job and are having regular 1:1’s with their line managers, engaging an independent third party such as Finger on the Pulse Research, to undertake a regular Employee Engagement Survey will enable you to understand and measure the level of employee commitment, engagement, motivation, but also how they feel about the strategic direction of the business and whether they’d recommend others to work for the company.
All this needs to be measured to ensure your business and your whole workforce are pulling in the same direction and working together to deliver strong performance and growth. This is where Finger on the Pulse Research come in.
Conscious of the maxim that ‘you shouldn’t mark your own homework’, engaging FOTP Research, a specialist B2B research company, as an independent third party to work with you, is the best way forward to develop and conduct an Employee Engagement Survey for you.