Are you interested in pursuing a career in law and intend to enroll in a 5-year integrated program at one of the top schools in the country? If you answered yes, then the best time to start preparing is now! Many of you have completed your Class X boards and are now enrolled in Class XI in Arts, Commerce, and/or Science as well.
As a result, we believe that the best option is to start CLAT preparation now rather than next year. Let us see how you can start preparing for CLAT:
CLAT 2022: Entry Point for NLU
CLAT is the main entrance exam for most of the national law universities. It is a Multiple Choice Test with Aptitude Questions (MCQs). For many of you, this might be your first encounter with this type of competitive exam. As a result, it will take some time to get acquainted with the process.
You have become used to concepts like step-wise marking and ‘walking in detailed answer paragraphs’ throughout your life. A change in mindset is needed to do well in Aptitude Test. This will take some time.
CLAT is divided into five sections: Legal Aptitude, General Knowledge, Verbal Ability, Reasoning (Maths and English Based), and Quantitative Ability. Most of you will be unfamiliar with the sections like Legal Aptitude and General Knowledge.
They may not have been included in the school curriculum. Because of the novelty factor, you must prepare for them for a longer period of time. Learning skills such as verbal reasoning also requires a beginner.
CLAT 2022 preparation
After class XII begins, you have to balance your time between preparing for the board and the exam. As a result, one should work hard in class XI and work tactfully in class XII.
- Preparation for any aptitude test should generally be divided into three modules: Learn, Practice and Test. If you feel you are weak in any subject join CLAT courses for CLAT 2022.
- The ‘Learn’ module includes take-home materials (books) and class sheets to be completed in the classroom.
- Before taking a break for the Class XI annual examinations, one must complete the learning modules. If possible, after the class XI exam, one should attend revision classes.
- Once the concepts are grasped, students must learn how to ‘practice’ using them to answer exam questions. In practice modules, concept clarity is more important than effort time.
- Topic-by-topic practice tests will help you in this regard. During the first few months of class XII, ample time should be spent familiarizing oneself with different cue types based on different concepts.
- Around August-September months of class XII, go to the ‘Test’ module and take mock tests in a simulated environment, eg. Same test setup, exam mode, and marking scheme. It is essential to evaluate each test to identify potential areas for improving the score.
- Next, one must solve previous CLAT/AILET papers which are closest to the actual exam.
- An early start allows you to complete the syllabus in class XI with more flexibility.
- Possibility to attend revision classes before the start of class XII.
- Initial familiarization with previous year’s exam papers and exam questions.
- More practice and earlier identification of potential areas for score improvement.
- You will feel more comfortable when you start class XII as two major phases of preparation will be completed.
- Your law student friends might have started studying for exams. If you join them soon, you will have a good peer group to prepare for. This will give your preparation a healthy dose of competition.
So, what are you shopping for? Now is the time to start preparing for CLAT 2022!
Also Read: Dos and Don’ts for CLAT 2022